Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hip Hip Huzzah!

Gentle readership,

Salutations! The Newt Jersey doc how has an official 86 views. That's more than people I have met in my life. Thanks internet! I never expect you to become self aware and take over the world. Because you're my friend.
I've been a busy bee (thats right, a bee.) these past weekdays, putting together all sorts of projects.

One I'm particularly excited about - A bold band of Purchase Dramatic Writing students are putting together a production of theater-type pieces inspired by photographs of photo majors. Details of the production itself are sketchy, but my project is well underway. I'm a draft into a musical with puppets that has something to do with the sub-prime mortgage crisis. The extremely talented Mike Hart (you may know him from the crapload of films he's scored, including the one I wrote) is quick at work on the score, and I can't wait to write my first lyrics since those terrible songs I wrote in highschool. We've all got them.

For a taste of what I've done with my arsenel of puppets (yes it's an arsenel,) check out this video I made for a contest.





I'm also working on a one man show/musical about Batman. It follows him and his trusty guitar Robin on their patrol, the night of the anniversary of the murder of the Wayne parents. Look for a performance at the Co-op, with donations going to buying a little kid a Batman toy for Christmas.

My big screenwriting project right now is an adaptation of the Phillip K. Dick short story "Precious Artifact." It's my first long form bit of Sci-fi and I'm excited. The story follows Milt, an engineer who has just finished overseeing the terraforming of the first portion of mars. He comes to earth to investigate some mysterious happenings, and finds out (in classic Dick style,) that bum bum bum - nothing is as it seems! Ohhhh no!
When it's done I'll post it, so as to confuse all of you.

That's all. For you who have been following Newt Jersey in the Independent, they are a few weeks behind. Once I actually do a good one, I will start to make them current again. Look for an opportunity this semester to write a Newt Jersey strip to be printed and posted, with credit to you!

That's all for now, Mission Control!
Now how do I turn this thing off...
Is it this thingy here? Nope?
Oh here, it's this switch.
There.
Whew.
Now, time to eat some peanut butter.
Mmmm peanut butter.
But I can't eat peanut butter without my special hat, can I?
No I can not.

No comments:

Post a Comment